URGENT Message From Pumas President
Unfortunately on last Friday 14 August 2020 the NSW Department of Health issued a ban on sporting events which involves travel and playing between residents of the various Sydney and/or rural regions for the next 6 weeks until 3rd October 2020.
The Directive states ..
"In addition, please implement the following updated public health recommendations:
- Cease activities that result in the mixing of participants and staff from different regions, for example by ceasing zone, regional or state championships or competitions. Examples of inter-regional mixing include activities which bring together participants (including spectators and officials) from organisations in different regions of Sydney, from a rural area into a metro area and vice versa, and movement between different rural areas.
- Cease any activities that result in overnight stays (e.g. multi-day training camps) due to increased risk of COVID transmission in residential-type settings with shared facilities
- Cease face-to-face social activities relating to community sports (e.g. award ceremonies, end-of-season social gatherings, post-training group dinners)
- Avoid carpools or bus travel with people from different household groups where possible
- For local activities, limit spectators to one parent only, where the child requires parental supervision during the sporting activity.
THIS MEANS THAT PENNANT HILLS DCC PRESEASON PRACTICES ARE CANCELLED FORTHWITH UNTIL 3/4TH OCTOBER 2020.
In fact the Sydney Cricket Association and Cricket NSW have today issued a directive that all Premier Grade Clubs are cancelling their training until 3/4 October 2020.
We are heartened by your attendances at our preseason nets to date and everything is shaping up to be a great year for our mighty Club. Please keep your OWN fitness regimes and personal skill practices going during the shutdown as we wish to hit the ground running when play resumes. At this stage the Shires' competition is still scheduled to start on Saturday 31 October 2020.
We will keep you fully informed of further developments within the next 6 weeks .
In the meantime can you please convince your friends to join us in playing this season.
We look forward to seeing you and them upon resumption.
Thanks everyone for your understanding.
Pennant Hills District Cricket Club